Chapter 1. Integration
- Now, the teaching of yoga.
- Yoga is to still the patterning of consciousness.
- Then pure awareness can abide in its very nature.
- Otherwise awareness takes itself to be the patterns of consciousness.
- There are five types of patterns, including both hurtful and benign.
- They are right perception, misperception, conceptionalization, deep sleep, and remembering.
- Right perception arises from direct observation, inference, or the words of others.
- Misperception is false knowledge, not based on what actually is.
- Conceptualization is based on linguistic knowledge, not contact with real things.
- Deep sleep is a pattern grounded in the perception that nothing exists.
- Remembering is the retention of experiences.
- Both practice and nonreaction are required to still the patterning of consciousness.
- Practice is the sustained effort to rest in that stillness.
- This practice becomes firmly rooted when it is cultivated skillfully and continuously for a long time.
- As for nonreaction, one can recognize that it has been fully achieved when no attachment arises in regard to anything at all, whether perceived directly or learned.
- When the ultimate level of nonreaction has been reached, pure awareness can clearly see itself as independent from the fundamental qualities of nature.
- At first the stilling process is accompanied by four kinds of cognition: analytical thinking, insight, bliss, and feeling like a self.
- Later, after one practices steadily to bring all thought to a standstill, these four kinds of cognition fall away, leaving only a store of latent impressions in the depth memory.
- These latent impressions incline one to be reborn after one leaves the body at death and is dissolved in nature.
- For all others, faith, energy, mindfulness, integration, and wisdom form the path to realization.
- For those who seek liberation wholeheartedly, realization is near.
- How near depends on whether the practice is mild, moderate, or intense.
the yoga-sutra of patanjali
My Teacher Trainers are studying the first chapter of the Yoga Sutras this weekend!
I will sent them here, too!
ddkfhgxtqfhbjlrawell, hi admin adn people nice forum indeed. how’s life? hope it’s introduce branch 😉
Back problems is really so difficult to heal, in certain cases, yoga exercise is a fantastic method for pain relief.
Great layout for the yoga sutra. Thanks!