You don’t need a reason to help people. Let’s remember to be kind to one another. It isn’t always apparent on the outside when we are facing struggles on the inside. After all, when this is all over, all that will really matter is how we treated each other.
When we enter this world our Kindness IQ is intact. We can keep it that way through our actions. Kindness is like a muscle–it gets stronger the more you use it…or atrophies if you don’t.
You don’t need a reason to be kind to people. Instead, here are 25 suggestions and ideas of ways to be kind.
25 Ways to Be Kind.
- Smile and make someone’s day a little sweeter
- Look for ways you can promote peace
- Just listen
- Offer a hug or embrace
- Invite someone new into your friend tribe
- Send out a kind email or card
- Give someone a genuine compliment
- Help someone out in a practical way, just because
- Hold open the door for the person behind you
- Encourage a friend or family member when they are uncertain or unmotivated
- Make peace with someone that has hurt you
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger
- Let someone into your lane while driving
- Pay for the person behind you in line
- Give your time to a friend or someone who needs it
- Say Thank You and Please everyday without fail
- Meditate on lovingkindness: May you be happy, healthy, peaceful and free from suffering and may my actions in some way contribute to the happiness, health, peace and freedom for all
- Say “I love you” a little more often to your family and friends
- Pause before you speak–choose words with positive intention
- Help someone get some rest (watch their kids, run an errand, bring them dinner)
- Pick up litter you see thrown about even if it’s not yours
- Remove complaints and curses for one week
- Gift something meaningful to someone: loan a book, bring flowers, drop off cookies
- Make a donation
- Give up your seat or for that matter move your yoga mat in class with positive intent
I am dedicating myself to inspire everyone to bring Kindness to the forefront. Let’s be more active in our efforts not because we have to, but because we want to. And not even because others have been kind to us but because being nice is the way of the heart.
Kindness is always a choice. The more conditioned we are to respond with kindness, the more natural it becomes. It is on purpose with purpose. Today, join me in starting a Kindness movement and together we can raise our global Kindness IQ!
Love yourself, love your day, love your life!
Editor’s note: This is another inspiring guest post by Daily Cup of Yoga contributor Silvia Mordini, E-RYT, retreat leader, happiness coach, and yogipreneur. Enthusiasm to love your life is contagious around Silvia. Her expert passion connects people to their own joyful potential. Silvia lives her happiness in such a big way that you can’t help but leave her classes, workshops, trainings and retreats spiritually uplifted! Born in Ecuador, raised traveling around the globe, she is an enthusiastic citizen of the world and spiritual adventurer. She has over 10,000 hours and 15 years of teaching experience, owned a yoga studio for 9 years and after being run over by a car used yoga to recover physically and emotionally. Silvia leads Alchemy Tours Yoga Retreats and Alchemy of Yoga RYT200 Yoga Teacher Training.
Silvia can be reached on the Web at http://www.alchemytours.com and http://www.silviamordini.com; or via email at email@example.com. Twitter: @alchemytours, @inspiredyogagal; Facebook: Silvia Mordini; YouTube: lovingyourday; Pinterest: Silvia Mordini; Intagram: alchemytours.
I love this – kindness as a root energy has enormous value. It gives me a mantra, intention and value all in one word. Thanks.
Amazing article! Great material you’ve shared on this topic. I really had a lot of help from this and I would like to return the favor and that’s why I am writing this positive comment for your article !
Great article! 🙂 What a good reminder.
26 ) Bring a suprise morning coffee to a Co-worker ( they will love you forever lol )
and yes! Kindness is for sure a choice, its amazing what joy you can get from giving to others.
Gustavo Woltmann loves fitness! This is a great blog!- Gustavo Woltmann
Beautiful tips to make day better and filled with happiness
Amazing. I love it. You describe very well about kindness in this blog. Everyone loves kind and helpful person. We all wants to be kind in nature. This blog really help us.
I love this a lot. Kindness is so important in life and makes people feel great! Thank you for this 🙂
The amazing thing about kindness is that it can be a form of self-care, because in making other people feel good, you make yourself feel good. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
I cherish this – generosity as a root vitality has colossal quality. It gives me a mantra, aim and esteem all in single word. Much obliged.
Thank you for posting this
It’s sad that in this day and age that we need to be reminded of such notions however it’s good that there are people like you exist to remind us of them
Amazing valuable tips shared here. Kindness is the best path to achieve inner satisfaction. You make this path very easy by sharing this useful resource. I love it.